The experts suggest that breakfast is the most important daily meal, and nobody should escape it. Also, they recommend opting for the healthiest alternative, for oatmeal, which is the best way to start the day. Oatmeal is rich in various nutrients, including fiber and consuming it the people boost their overall health.
Hrefna Palsdottir, MS claims that the nutrient composition of oats is well-balanced and can be used as a good source of carbs and fiber (the powerful fiber beta-glucan). They are on the leading position of containing protein and fat among the grains.
Oats contain very important vitamins, minerals, and antioxidant. In half a cup (78 grams) of dry oats are found:
• Manganese: 191% of the RDI
• Magnesium: 34% of the RDI
• Phosphorus: 41% of the RDI
• Iron: 20% of the RDI
• Copper: 24% of the RDI
• Folate: 11% of the RDI
• Zinc: 20% of the RDI
• Vitamin B1 (thiamin): 39% of the RDI
• Vitamin B5: 10% of the RDI
• Smaller amounts of vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) and vitamin B3 (niacin), calcium, potassium
Other nutritional facts about the oats:
– 51 grams of carbs,
– 13 grams of protein,
– 5 grams of fat and
– 8 grams of fiber,
– Only 303 calories
It is of great importance to choose the right type of oats, so there are steel cut oats and rolled. Steel cut oats are not processed type of oats, but the most difficult to prepare.
Thanks to the fiber containment the oats promote digestive health, boost metabolism, control appetite and increase the energy levels.
By combining such breakfast with regular exercises and healthier dietary choices, people can lose excess weight, but they can improve overall health, and energize the body.
Here are three delicious overnight oats recipes:
- 1. Nut Butter and Banana Overnight Oats
– ½ cup of rolled oats
– ½ a ripe banana
– 2 tablespoons of nut butter of choice
– ½ a cup of almond milk
– 1 tablespoon of unsalted nuts of choice
1) Pour the milk and nut butter in a jar and stir well
2) Add the rolled oats and the banana (cut in thin slices)
3) Stir the mixture once more,
4) Store the lid of the jar in the fridge.
5) Add a bit of almond milk and sprinkle with nuts in the morning, and enjoy.
- 2. Blueberry Walnuts Overnight Oats
– ½ cup of rolled oats
– 1 teaspoon of chia seeds
– ½ cup of frozen blueberries
– ½ a cup of coconut milk
– 1 tablespoon of crushed walnuts
– 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
1) Mix all the ingredients in a mason jar and stir well,
2) Place the lid, and keep the jar in the fridge
3) Add some coconut milk in the morning, stir once more, and enjoy!
- 3. Raspberry, Almond, and Coconut Overnight Oats
– ½ a cup of rolled oats
– 1/8 teaspoon of almond extract
– ½ a cup of raspberries
– 1/8 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
– ½ a tablespoon of sliced almonds
– 1 teaspoon of raw honey
– ½ a cup of unsweetened coconut milk
– 1 teaspoon of shredded coconut
1) Mix oats in a pint-size glass mason jar with the milk, raspberries, ground cinnamon, almond extract, and raw honey
2) Stir the mixture well, and close the jar with a lid
3) Store the jar in the fridge,
4) Before you serve it in the morning, add the shredded coconut and almonds, and stir once more.