Turmeric is one of the most powerful and versatile miracles of Mother Nature, that improves the health of the people in numerous ways.
Dr.Joseph Mercola explains that ancient medicinal uses of turmeric began when it was noted as an anti-inflammatory agent.
Turmeric is known for helping ease a wide variety of conditions, such as:
- Menstrual problems,
- Blood in the urine,
- Chest pain,
- Flatulence, and
This powerful ingredient has strong anti-inflammatory properties that make it effective in soothing the symptoms of inflammatory arthritis and inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD).
It is also a potent antioxidant that neutralizes free radicals, preventing damage due to dementia, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, and cancer. Its effects in preventing cancer tumors are confirmed by numerous studies.
Additionally, Dr. Mercola emphasized that turmeric is loaded with essential minerals, including magnesium, calcium, and potassium. It also possesses a high amount of fiber, vitamin B6 and zinc, as well as vitamin C and magnesium.
According to the research, turmeric may help to reduce gas and bloating, decreasing congestion and improving skin conditions such as eczema, acne, and psoriasis.
In this article we recommend you 5 delicious drinks based on turmeric, which will help you to include the consumption of this amazing spice:
1. Golden Milk
– 1 teaspoon dried turmeric powder
– 2 cups of milk of choice
– 1 teaspoon dried ginger powder
– Honey to taste
– A sprinkle of black pepper
1) Heat the milk,
2) Add the slices when it starts steaming and leaves it to simmer for a minute
3) Cool the mixture for about 10 minutes
4) Strain it if you used fresh ingredients, and drink it.
2. Turmeric Water with Black Pepper
– 1 tablespoon turmeric
– 1 teaspoon olive oil (optional)
– 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Add all ingredients in a glass of water, and stir well.
Drink the mixture right away.
3. Turmeric Smoothie
– A ½-inch piece of fresh turmeric (or 1 tsp. of turmeric powder)
– 1 cup of frozen mango
– ½ banana
– ½ teaspoon cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon chia seeds
– 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
Blend all ingredients in a blender and get a homogeneous mixture.
Drink this beverage and Enjoy!
4. Turmeric Latte
– 1 heaping tablespoon freshly-grated turmeric root
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
– 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger root
– 1 tablespoon coconut oil
– 1 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
– Pinch of black pepper (optional)
– Raw honey to taste
1) Heat the milk in a saucepan
2) Add the remaining ingredients, except for the honey
3) After 5 minutes of simmering remove it from the heat
4) Leaving it aside for 5 minutes, strain and sweeten it with honey
5) Drink and Enjoy.
5. Turmeric Tea
– 1-2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
– A pinch of clove powder
– 1 teaspoon fresh ginger root
– A pinch of nutmeg powder
– 1 tsp cinnamon
– Raw honey to sweeten as desired
– A pinch of black pepper (optional)
– 1-2 cups of water
1) Boil the water in a saucepan
2) Add the rest of the ingredients
3) Allow the mixture to simmer for 10 minutes,
4) Strain it and add the coconut milk and the honey
Note: All recipes contain a healthy fat source or black pepper, in order to improve the bioavailability of turmeric and boost its effects.
Turmeric can be also used as an addition to various kinds of dishes (meats, potatoes or cauliflower, sautés with onions, carrots, broccoli, or bell peppers. It can be added to creamy vegetable dips, sauces, and egg salads too.